Certificates & Transcripts

Requests for replacement certificates and transcripts are processed by the Student Records and Assessments team.

Replacement Certificates

The certificate the University issues is proof of the conferment of your award and is a unique and valuable document. Under no circumstances will the University issue additional or duplicate copies of your certificate if you still have within your possession the original certificate.

Replacement certificates can only be issued if your original certificate has been lost or damaged, and the University reserves the right not to issue a duplicate nor specify the reasons for its decision.
Application process:

Undergraduate and postgraduate degree awards obtained in 1993 or later:

Please note there is a charge of £25 for this service. You can download the application form and make payment via the University’s online shop by clicking here

If you prefer to pay be cheque, you can download the application form directly by following the below link.

Replacement Certificate application - printable form (PDF)

Completed forms will normally be processed within 3 weeks, however you should allow up to 6 weeks during peak periods. Forms not completed fully will not be processed and will be returned.

Undergraduate and postgraduate degree awards obtained in 1992 or earlier:

The University is only able to issue replacement certificates for awards made by the University from 1993 onwards. Awards before this date were made by the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA), the Open University is now responsible for these records. Further information can be found on the Validation Services page of the Open University.

Transcripts / Confirmation Letters

Your University transcript supplements your University certificate by providing a breakdown of the modules you studied and the marks you achieved. A confirmation letter can also be requested to confirm the dates you attended your University programme and the award you achieved.

To request an official transcript or confirmation letter, you must complete the request form which can be found at the link below. We aim to process most requests within 2 weeks, however requests for courses completed prior to 1998 please allow up to 4 weeks. There is currently no charge for this service.

Official Transcript/Confirmation of Degree Letter - online request link

If you require any further information or assistance regarding certificates and transcripts, please email the Student Records and Assessments team at assessments@lincoln.ac.uk


Alumni Office

University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool,
Lincoln, LN6 7TS
Phone: +44 (0) 1522 835858

Copyright 2010 University of Lincoln